Weekly Work In Progress – Embroidery Project

Standard

originally posted February 26, 2010

By now, I was hoping to be finished with my little bumble bee project and happily working on the next project – another bee or possibly the embroidered day-of-the-week kitchen towels. But time for crafting lately has not been an option. On Tuesday, I picked up where I left off and finished working on the stripes of his body, which I outlined in stem stitch and filled in with satin stitch. Then I moved onto the flower, outlining it with split stitch and filling in the center with orange French knots – my favorite stitch! The next night, I started stitching his legs. So far I finished two of them using padded satin stitch.

I’m hoping this guy will be finished this weekend and then eventually sewn into a potholder – not by me though, I haven’t learned how to sew yet. Maybe sometime soon I’ll find the time to actually sit down at the sewing machine and figure out how it works.

Happy Crafting!

Advertisements

Comments are closed.