originally posted June 10, 2011
I spend a good deal on the internet reading blogs and searching for crafty inspiration. The blogs I seem to gravitate to the most have to do with crafts (uh…duh), food and photography – my three main interests in life at the moment. Whenever I happen upon something that piques my interest I’ll save it to my favorites. I do this a lot. Like every freakin’ day actually. The result of this incessant link-saving habit is information overload. I am overrun with about a bazillion links to websites and I need to start sorting through them. So I’ve decided to start sharing some of my finds with you every Friday so you can spend your weekends gettin’ your craft on.
This week’s lineup is a mix of crafts, knitting, food, and photography.
- Try this Tapestry Cuff Bracelet project from the Mirrix Looms Blog. Seems a little advanced but a very cool project nonetheless.
- Knit a Slipped Stitch Kindle Cozy by Lisa Beamer. This has been on my list of things to knit – hopefully soon.
- Whip up a batch of Recipe Girl’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream, and have a scoop for me please. I’m weight watchering at the moment, but I will make this eventually.
- Learn how to make Origami Stars with this nifty tutorial from Zen Crafting. These look like a lot of fun to make.
- Find out how Kiki Creates made over an old lamp with paint markers, and then make one for yourself. Very cool idea.
- Do-it-yourself heart-shaped bokeh tutorial from DIY Photography – I’ve wanted to try this!
Have a wonderful weekend my crafty friends!