originally posted August 4, 2010
1. I’m pretty quiet when I first meet people, which translates into snobbishness. I promise I’m not a snot, just really shy.
2. I’m afraid of heights.
3. I curse…A LOT, but I try to control myself in my blog posts.
4. When I was 11 years old I broke my arm while roller skating. I didn’t have skates but my best friend had a pair and she lent me one skate – Yes people, I said ONE skate. And these were not the cool roller skates – you know, the boot kind with the huge pink pom poms and nice urethane wheels. These were the big metal contraptions that fit over top of your sneakers. They didn’t have stoppers on them. Those of you who are old enough will remember these death traps. The skates had metal wheels that when coming into close contact with even the tiniest pebble would seize up on you and send you flying through the air throwing you face first onto the asphalt, which is what happened to me, resulting in a broken arm.
5. I have an intense fear of public speaking. In fact, I’m breaking out in a flop sweat right now just thinking about it.
6. I can be pretty sarcastic at times.
7. I’m *cough, cough* 41 years old and fart jokes still make me laugh…now really, is that so wrong?
8. I started getting gray hairs when I was around 17 years old. Now it’s probably 80% gray. I dye it so I’m not entirely sure how silver it’s turned and frankly would rather not know.
9. As a child I loved lima beans. As an adult I find them repulsive.
10. Don’t Look Back in Anger by Oasis is one of my absolute favorite songs of all time.
11. I have really bad seasonal allergies, and I believe this year is the worst year ever.
12. I have a love/hate relationship with my 9 to 5 job. Right now we’re in hate mode.
13. During the months of June through September, I wish I lived in a cooler climate…say, the North Pole maybe?
14. I quit smoking over 2 years ago. It was one of the smartest decisions I ever made.
15. I’m a fan of English and Italian football (that would be soccer my fellow Americans) but I don’t understand the rules. All I know is the team I’m rooting for needs to get the ball in the goal – and frankly that’s all that matters.
Now you know a little more about me. I’m sure you’ll be resting easier at night knowing that I love a good fart joke 😉